Oops, a few days late! But better late than never, right?
Is it even a new year if you don’t make resolutions? (From here on, they shall be called “goals” vice “resolutions”.
This year, I’m breaking down my goals into a few categories. This feels really strange to me because I’m the sort of person who just lists out a few goals in a planner and calls it a day. While I still plan to make a list of goals, I’m trying to break it down into categories to make my life a) easier and b) more organized. Hi, my name is Brittany. I am Type-A if you hadn’t noticed!
Here’s the breakdown:
- Read 70 books
- This is up 20 books from my 2018 reading goal. I actually read 72 books in 2018.
- Read more genres
- Ideally, my goal is to be able to vote for every category in the Goodreads yearly awards
- Write about EVERYTHING I read
- This can be on Goodreads or my blog. It can be one sentence or a full post. Basically the idea here is to get myself writing more.
- Get a damn library card!
- I still don’t have one!
- Eat healthier.
- We eat out far too frequently.
- Workout 4 times per week.
- More is great, but a baseline of 4 times a week is a good start.
- To help manage my panic/anxiety disorder.
- Take vitamins.
- Enter care/of subscription…
- Find a new job.
- At the time of writing this, I still work at a place that doesn’t bring me joy in any way and contributes to my panic/anxiety disorder.
- Ask for help.
- My biggest flaw.
Online Presence Goals
This one seems weird, but I need this category to break down my goals for my online life.
- Post more frequently on Instagram
- Find more photo challenges to take part of. Plan posts instead of just winging up a picture every five days.
- Post more consistently on the blog.
- No more a post one month, a post 5 months later. I pay for this domain, after all!
- Start a YouTube channel.
- I toyed with the idea of BookTube throughout 2018. I think 2019 is the right time to start.
- Pay off credit cards
- The inevitable…
- Pay down student loans
- They never truly go away….
- Pay down car note
- The loftiest goal on this list!
- Save to finish the basement
- We have an unfinished half-basement. Our goal is to dig out the other half, raise our house, and finish the basement so that we can have more living space!
Breaking down my goals into categories makes me feel a lot better about setting goals. What are some of your goals for 2019?
lover of literature. librarian in training.